Baked Salmon Nuggets
We’re flipping the traditional idea of a chicken nugget on its head by using salmon instead. Coated in almond meal instead of breadcrumbs, we’ve made this nostalgic dish gluten-free! Serve as an appetizer at a dinner party or as a dinner for your kids, this dish is sure to delight all age groups!
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minutes||Servings: 5|
- 1 pound of salmon
- 1 cup almond flour (½ flour, ½ coat)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- Cube salmon into 1-inch cubes. Pat dry. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a clean bowl and whisk.
- Combine ½ cup almond flour with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Coat salmon pieces in almond flour. Dredge the pieces in the egg mixture, and finally, coat the pieces in the parmesan crumb mixture.
- Place coated nuggets on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 16-20 minutes. Flip nuggets halfway.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
1 serving (4 oz)
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 25 g
Fat: 19 g
Sat fat: 3.8 g
Sugar: 1 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Fiber: 2.4 g