Blueberry Breakfast Soup
Soup for breakfast? You read that right. Native to the Finnish, this dish can be served hot or cold, for a kickstart to your day, any time of year.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 12 minutes||Servings: 2 bowls|
- 1 cup cold water + 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- Skyr for serving
- Food processor
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add 1 cup water, blueberries, cardamom, cinnamon, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then deduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot powder with 1 tablespoon of warm water. Mix into a slurry. Add slurry to saucepan, mix to combine, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve soup hot, or let cool and refrigerate before serving for a refreshing twist.
- Top with a dollop of skyr and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (without skyr):
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 1.6 g
Fat: 0 g
Sat fat: 0 g
Sugar: 19 g
Added sugar: 4 g