Coconut Macadamia Crusted Salmon
Who doesn’t like a little crunch in their bite? This dish will give you flavor, texture, and nutrition. Not to mention, it’s super easy and quick to make.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes||Servings: 2|
- 2, 8 ounce wild-caught salmon fillets
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 mango, peeled and diced (or 2 cups frozen mango)
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place rack in the center position.
- Pulse macadamia nuts, breadcrumbs, and coconut flakes in a food processor until a crumbly mixture forms. Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Beat egg in a separate bowl with water to create egg wash.
- Season filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Dunk fillets in egg wash, then coat fillets in nut mixture.
- Place fillets on a lined baking sheet, and into the oven at 400°F. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Place mango in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add orange juice, lime juice, and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat, and cool to allow flavors to develop before serving over salmon.
1 serving (4 oz)
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 28 g
Fat: 28 g
Sat fat: 9.8 g
Sugar: 20 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Fiber: 5.5 g