Healthy Science/ Glass Stamped Cookies
Glass Stamped Cookies
Who knew your drinking glasses could be used to decorate cookies?
|Prep Time: 2 hours & 15 minutes||Cook Time: 9 minutes||Servings: 30 cookies|
For Cookie Dough:
- ½ cup organic coconut sugar
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups blanched almond flour, packed fine
- ½ cup coconut flour, do not pack
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Wooden spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie cutter:
- Large circle cookie cutter
- A drinking glass with an embossed bottom
- Cookie dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight
- In a large bowl, add coconut sugar, melted butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough is formed.
- Divide the dough in half, and form into balls or discs. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once ready to bake, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove one of the balls of dough from the refrigerator, and place it on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment on top, and roll out the dough until it’s ¼ inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment. Sprinkle some almond flour on top of the dough and spread around with your hand. This will prevent the glass from sticking to the dough. Press the bottom of your drinking glass on the dough. Cut out the cookies using the circle cookie cutter. Use a knife or spatula to transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden brown. Once done baking, allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, serve as is, or dust powdered sugar on top of cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!
Servings: 30 cookies
1 serving: 1 cookie (with powdered sugar)
Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 9 g
Sat fat: 2.5 g
Sugar: 5.8 g
Added sugar: 4.9 g
Fiber: 1.5 g