Rosemary Holiday Wreath Cookies
With a rosemary dough base, these cookies exude holiday flavors!
|Prep Time: 2 hours & 15 minutes||Cook Time: 9 minutes||Servings: 30 cookies|
For Cookie Dough:
- ½ cup organic coconut sugar
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups blanched almond flour, packed fine
- ½ cup coconut flour, do not pack
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 egg
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Wooden spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie cutter:
- Large Wreath shaped cookie cutter
- Small circle
- Pastry brush
- Cookie dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight
- In a large bowl, add coconut sugar, melted butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough is formed.
- Divide the dough in half, and form into balls or discs. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once ready to bake, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove one of the balls of dough from the refrigerator, and place it on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment on top, and roll out the dough until it’s ¼ inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment. Cut out the dough with the large wreath shaped cookie cutter. Using the small circle cookie cutter, cut out the center of the wreath shaped cookies. Use a knife or spatula to transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet.
- With a fork or whisk, whisk an egg to make an egg wash. Brush egg wash on the cookies. Decorate cookies with slivered almonds, and fresh rosemary.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden brown. Once done baking, allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, decorate cookies with pomegranate seeds using agave nectar to stick the seed to the cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!
Servings: 30 cookies
1 serving: 1 cookie
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 2.2 g
Fat: 5.5 g
Sat fat: 1.5 g
Sugar: 3.4 g
Added sugar: 2.7 g
Fiber: 1 g