Stress-Relieving Dark Chocolate & Nut Rounds
Dark chocolate and nuts are both high in stress-relieving properties, so this easy and delicious snack is the perfect way to indulge and relax.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: Freeze 1 hour||Servings: 12 Chocolate Rounds|
- 8 ounces of 80%+ dark chocolate (high in magnesium, which helps regulate the body’s stress response)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of sea salt or Himalayan salt *optional
- Handful nuts of choice, chopped (high in magnesium and B vitamins, both critical for stress management.)
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Line your baking sheet and set out your nuts and sea salt so that they are ready to go once your chocolate is melted. Leave a handful of nuts whole, if desired.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, microwave the dark chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. About 1½ minutes total.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. The mixture should be smooth and pourable.
- Gently pour 1-1½ tablespoons of the melted chocolate mixture onto the baking tray, allowing it to spread naturally and form a round coin. Repeat with the remaining chocolate, leaving enough space between each round for the chocolate to spread a little. Sprinkle each with sea salt, then the chopped nuts, or gently press a few whole nuts into each round of chocolate.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, and enjoy!
1 serving: 1 chocolate round
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 2 g
Fat: 9.5 g
Sat fat: 4.5 g
Sugar: 4.5 g
Added sugar: 2 g
Fiber: 2.5 g